“NANO components for electronic SMART wireless systems”
H2020 Project for the development of innovative NANO components for high end radar and mass market IoT applications (Project n° 825430 – H2020 ICT–07a–2018 – Electronic Smart Systems)
The objective of NANOSMART is to develop technology for future generation, smart monolithic Transmit / Receive front-end ICs capable of RF switching, power management, high efficiency, at a fraction of the footprint and cost of current solutions.
NANOSMART addresses this need by developing a new technological platform based on CNT and 2D material electronics (the two most promising technologies to replace Silicon electronics in the future). NANOSMART develops unique concepts such as deep sub-wavelength antenna, CNT NEMS for RF switching, nano electromechanical reconfigurable filters and multiple FET technologies. Monolithic integration of all technologies mentioned above will provide a compact platform including new amplifier architecture, power management, RF switching and antennae on one monolithically integrated chip.
Within the front-end IC, three sensor types (temperature, humidity and RF radiation built from novel technology) will also be integrated to provide smart, autonomous system reaction and thus improve accuracy, power efficiency and real-time system health monitoring and on-the-fly response to ambient conditions.
The two demonstrators planned are aiming at high end radar and mass market IoT applications providing this level of smart functionality for the first time.
- THALES SA, France (Coordinator)
- RF Microtech SRL, Italy
- Foundation for Research and Technology, Greece
- Institutul national de Cercetare-Dezvoltare pentru Microtehnologie, Romania
- Chalmers Tekniska Hoegskola AB, Sweden
- SHT Smart High-tech AB, Sweden
- Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
- Regie Ecole Superieurie de Physique et de chimie industrielle, France
- University College Cork-National University of Ireland, Ireland
- Fundacio Institut Catala de Nanociencia I Nanotecnologia, Spain
Official Project Page